The Truth About Cars is dedicated to providing candid, unbiased automobile reviews and the latest in auto industry news.
- 2024 Toyota Tacoma Sees Some Sizable Price Bumpsby Matt Posky on November 28, 2023 at 9:00 pm
Despite Toyota having revealed the redesigned mid-sized Tacoma pickup for the 2024 model year last spring , the company has waited until now to announce pricing. That may have been because the brand’s best-selling truck is accompanied by some unhappy price increases. Though the pickup has also […]
- VW Tapping Magna to Develop Its First Two Scout EVs in the U.S.by Chris Teague on November 28, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Volkswagen made big news when it announced a revival of the iconic American Scout name, and the automaker promised to build electric vehicles under the brand at a facility in South Carolina beginning in 2026. Automotive News Europe recently reported that to help rebuild the brand, VW plans to […]
- Ineos Starts Building the Quartermaster Pickupby Chris Teague on November 28, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Ineos is one of the most unique automakers to hit the market in years, focusing only on building old-school, gas-powered off-road vehicles with more rugged capability than luxury and style. The company’s first vehicle is the Grenadier, an SUV that recently went on sale in several countries. Now, […]
- Used Car of the Day: 2020 Volkswagen GTIby Tim Healey on November 28, 2023 at 4:33 pm
Today’s UCOTD is a 2020 Volkswagen GTI that is “tastefully” modified.
- Ford Ranger Raptor Set for Q1 2024by Matthew Guy on November 28, 2023 at 3:30 pm
Most of us figured out long ago that, if we complain enough, it’s possible to get what we want. Off-road gearheads on this side of the pond (including this author) whined expressed an interest in the last-gen Ranger Raptor but that truck stayed on the other side of the pond. […]
- 2023 Ford Bronco Sport Heritage Limited Review – Beauty Isn’t Just Skin Deepby Tim Healey on November 27, 2023 at 9:00 pm
The 2023 Ford Bronco Sport Heritage Limited is purely all about nostalgia. Thankfully, the platform upon which it’s built is good enough to indulge the trip down memory lane. In other words, if you’re buying this trim of the Bronco Sport, you’re almost certainly doing so because you like the […]
- Tesla Cybertruck Max Towing Revealedby Matt Posky on November 27, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Tesla has revealed the maximum towing capabilities for the long-anticipated Cybertruck by including it in display materials located at some of the brand’s physical locations. As the company lacks a dedicated PR department, the information comes by way of social media accounts and dedicated […]
- Volkswagen to Cut Jobs As Part of $11 Billion Cost Saving Effortby Chris Teague on November 27, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Volkswagen needs to cut costs and to get there, the automaker is cutting jobs. Company CEO Thomas Schaefer said that VW’s growing costs and waning productivity have necessitated the cuts , which will take place over the next several years.
- There Are Still Two Ford Crown Victorias Running Taxi Service in NYC – For Nowby Chris Teague on November 27, 2023 at 6:00 pm
It’s the end of an era that many of you probably thought ended years ago: The Ford Crown Victoria’s time as a taxi on the streets of NYC is coming to a close, as the last two cars still eligible for duty are aging out .
- Used Car of the Day: 2007 Volvo V70R Tiby Tim Healey on November 27, 2023 at 5:00 pm
Today we’re going wagon style as we bring you a 2007 Volvo V70R Ti.
- Junkyard Find: 1991 Dodge Grand Caravan LEby Murilee Martin on November 27, 2023 at 3:30 pm
We’ve had a run of European machinery in this series lately, with six of the last ten Junkyard Finds coming from across the Atlantic ( one from Sweden , one from Italy , two from West Germany and two from France ), so today it’s the turn of that most Michigandic of machinery: A Chrysler minivan.
- 2023 TTAC Black Friday Gift Guideby TTAC Staff on November 24, 2023 at 6:00 am
Black Friday is around the corner. While you watch the first-ever NFL games on this day, you might also want to shop for some Christmas gifts. Or treat yourself. We won’t judge. Here, below, are three screaming deals.
- Tesla Begins Charging $1 Per Minute Congestion Fees at Busy Superchargersby Chris Teague on November 22, 2023 at 7:16 pm
Tesla recently started opening its Supercharger network to outside EV brands, but the influx of more vehicles to charge has put a strain on the system. To help with the surge, the automaker has started charging congestion fees of up to $1 per minute at busy Supercharger locations.
- Get Ford F-150 Raptor Power for Much Less Coinby Chris Teague on November 22, 2023 at 6:07 pm
The Ford F-150 Raptor R is a seriously impressive truck with an equally serious price tag that puts it out of reach for most buyers. An Alabama Ford dealer has a solution , however, in the form of a base F-150 XL with a Roush supercharger and other upgrades.
- Nissan Hikes Armada Price Tag for 2024by Matthew Guy on November 22, 2023 at 6:00 pm
The jumbo Nissan Armada has a higher entry-level price point for 2024 compared to last year – but it would be tough to solely blame inflation for this cost hike. Rather, customers should know the brand simply decided to bin a (relatively) low volume base trim.