The Truth About Cars is dedicated to providing candid, unbiased automobile reviews and the latest in auto industry news.
- Used Car of the Day: 2019 Ford Transitby Tim Healey on January 30, 2023 at 10:30 pm
Trying this again, after gremlins ate the first post. We’re all about that van life around these parts, and we’re intrigued by this $50K 2019 Ford Transit Connect.
- QOTD: How Better to Show Daytona?by Tim Healey on January 30, 2023 at 10:06 pm
It gets buried in the larger sports conversation by the NFL, but the 24 Hours of Daytona took place over the weekend.
- Suzuki Jimny May Soon Become Electrifiedby Matt Posky on January 30, 2023 at 9:00 pm
If you’re into tackling off-road challenges on a budget or have an unhealthy amount of nostalgia for the Suzuki Samurai that was taken from us in the 1990s, you were probably disheartened to learn that the Jimny (which is what the Samurai is called globally) wouldn’t be coming to North America […]
- Volvo Revives Subscription Scheme for Californiaby Matt Posky on January 30, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Volvo Cars is reintroducing its subscription model in California, despite having previously gotten in trouble for violating the state’s franchise laws. While the automotive industry has attempted to hype the premise for years, vehicle subscription services haven’t gotten much love from consumers […]
- Audi Grandsphere Concept Coming in 2024 as Next-Gen A8by Chris Teague on January 30, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Audi began rolling out its exotic “Sphere” concepts in 2021. The Grandsphere Concept previewed an electric flagship sedan, and we’re now learning that it will likely arrive as an A8 successor in 2024.
- TTAC Throwback: 2011 Nissan Questby Tim Healey on January 29, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Last week, our TTAC throwback was a 2012 model. This week, we’re staying in that era and bringing you a minivan instead of a sports sedan. Remember the 2011 Nissan Quest?
- QOTD: Should Toyota Go Small With Its Next Truck?by Tim Healey on January 28, 2023 at 12:00 am
Matt’s piece about Toyota and small trucks today got me thinking. I am ready to ask the very obvious question: Should Toyota join Ford and Hyundai in bringing small trucks back to market?
- Used Car of the Day: 1988 Ford Thunderbirdby Tim Healey on January 27, 2023 at 11:30 pm
Today’s UCOTD is a project car. It’s a 1988 Ford Thunderbird that the seller is asking just $1,000 for.
- Rare Rides Icons: The Lincoln Mark Series Cars, Feeling Continental (Part XXIX)by Corey Lewis on January 27, 2023 at 11:00 pm
The successes the Lincoln Continental Mark series achieved with its triumphant return as the Mark III personal luxury coupe of 1969 ensured the Mark IV of 1972 was also a success. And when the Mark V debuted on its own (reused Thunderbird) platform in 1977, it brought the Mark name to a pinnacle […]
- Chevrolet Rolls Out Corvette Z06 GT3.Rby Matthew Guy on January 27, 2023 at 10:30 pm
In front of this weekend’s Daytona 24 Hours, Chevy took the time to haul the covers off its newest mid-engined monster meant for customer racing – though you’ll have to wait until next year to see it on the track.
- Hey Audi F1 Fans, Check This Out!by Tim Healey on January 27, 2023 at 10:00 pm
Hi there, folks. We’re working on another initiative with our corporate parents/partners to promote our forums. In this case, it’s all about Audi and F1.
- Toyota Rumored to Be Considering Smaller Sibling for Tacoma, Hiluxby Matt Posky on January 27, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Toyota executives are rumored to be considering the possibility of launching a smaller pickup to slot beneath the global phenomenon that is the Hilux, as well as the North American Tacoma.
- Ford Recalling Over 460,000 SUVs Due to Faulty Camera Systemsby Matt Posky on January 27, 2023 at 9:02 pm
The Ford Motor Company is recalling a sizable number of late-model SUVs over faulty rear-view camera systems that may not display what’s behind the vehicle. While rear-facing automotive camera systems are already susceptible to being obscured by roadway grime and cannot offer the same field of […]
- 2023 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4 Review – Wagons, Ho?by Chris Tonn on January 27, 2023 at 6:17 pm
Those who have suffered through reading my works here and elsewhere over the past seven years likely have suspected – I’m merely using this second career as an automotive reviewer and journalist as an extended test-drive opportunity while I sort out what the next car that I purchase for my own […]
- Jay Leno’s Garage Could Be Coming to an Endby Chris Teague on January 27, 2023 at 5:06 pm
Jay Leno has been a fixture on television for more than 30 years, and that’s not even counting standup appearances and other work he did prior to The Tonight Show. That three-decade run may be coming to an end – at least in its current form – as The Hollywood Reporter’s […]